Tuna and Kale salad
- 4 oz canned tuna in brine
- 8 calamansi fruits, or you can use 3 limes
- kale plus any other greens, I used spinach
- Use the juice from 6 calamansi or juice from 2 limes and cayenne to season the tuna and “cook” it in acid.
- Mix in the greens and the remaining juice from your chosen citrus fruit and eat! Sprinkle more cayenne or season it with your choice of herbs and spices.
Spicy Tuna and Lentils soup w/ Kale
- 1 can spicy tuna, low sodium, flakes in oil
- 1 medium can lentils, low sodium
- 2 handfuls of kale, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Sauté the tuna in its own oil, garlic and onion.
- Mix in the lentils and water, then cover the pan and let it simmer for 2 min.
- Add the bell pepper and kale last and let it simmer again for another minute.
- Transfer the steaming soup in a bowl and add the tomatoes. Enjoy!
Om nom nom.